History of the Cause for Canonization of Louis and Zelie Martin
- May 17, 1925 - Louis and Zelie’s youngest daughter, Therese, is canonized by Pope Pius XI; she becomes St. Therese of the Child Jesus of the Holy Face, also known as “St. Therese of Lisieux” or “the Little Flower”
- 1925 - Antonio Cardinal Vico, in Lisieux to celebrate the canonization, says “Now it is time to take care of Papa!”
- 1941-1954 - Excerpts from the letters of Zelie Martin appeared in Les Annales de Sainte-Therese de Lisieux
- 1946 - Histoire d’une famille (Story of a Family), a biography of the Martin family by Franciscan Father Stephane-Joseph Piat, was published in French.
- March 22, 1957- Diocesan process for Louis Martin opens at Lisieux.
- October 10, 1957 - Diocesan process for Zelie Martin opens at Sees.
- January 7, 1959 - Diocesan process for Zelie Martin closes at Sees.
- February 12, 1960 - Diocesan process for Louis Martin closes at Lisieux.
- June 9, 1964 - Pope Paul VI and the Sacred Congregation for Rites examine and approve the writings of the Martin spouses.
- 1971 - The separate causes of Louis and Zelie Martin are united. They become the first spouses to be proposed for canonization as a couple.
- May 25, 2002: Pietro Schiliro is born at Monza, near Milan, with severe breathing difficulties. Doctors expect him to die.
- June 29, 2002: Pietro Schiliro's condition improves dramatically.
- July 27, 2002: Pietro Schiliro leaves the clinic. He is well.
June 10, 2003. "Miracle in Milan," by Guy Gaucher, O.C.D. On June 10, 2003, Cardinal Tettamanzi, Archbishop of Milan, signed the act closing the diocesan inquiry into Pietro's healing, which was then examined by Rome. From the Irish site "Therese of Lisieux" with thanks to Fr. J. Linus Ryan.
July 3, 2008: Pope Benedict XVI recognizes Pietro's healing as a miracle.
October 15, 2008: Carmen Perez Pons is born in Valencia, Spain. She suffers from a severe brain hemorrhage.
October 19, 2008 - Louis and Zelie Martin are beatified in Lisieux.
October and November 2008: Carmen's family and friends pray with the Carmelite nuns of Serra for Carmen's healing. She is suddenly and inexplicably cured.
January 7, 2013: opening session of the diocesan inquiry into Carmen's healing in Valencia.
May 21, 2013: closing session of the diocesan inquiry into Carmen's healing in Valencia.
- October 26, 2014: "The history of the diocesan inquiry into the healing of little Carmen, the "presumed miracle" for the canonization of Louis and Zelie Martin," by Fr. Antonio Sangalli, O.C.D.
- March 18, 2015: "Pope Francis today approved the decree recognizing the miracle for the canonizaton of Blessed Louis and Zelie Martin: new details about the healing of little Carmen. Shrines at Alencon and Lisieux issue a joint communique."
- June 17, 2015: "Vatican declares that Pope Francis will announce the canonization of Blessed Louis and Zelie Martn at the consistory on Saturday, June 27, 2015."
- June 26, 2015: "Miracle of Life in Valencia," a documentary about the healing of little Carmen, appears in English.
- June 27, 2015: